STEP 1: SELECT A SERVICE [ you may add another service in STEP 3]
- Individual HIV Test & STI Screening
- Partners/Couples HIV/STI Screening
- Prevention PrEP Consultation (HIV & STI screening, PrEP information and guidance for those interested in starting PrEP)
- Prevention PrEP Follow-Up (Routine HIV & STI screening for those already on PrEP)
- This visit is with the prevention team for TESTING ONLY, not your PrEP Prescriber – to schedule your kidney/liver function labs with your PrEP prescriber please call 515-248-1595. Questions? Call 515-248-1595 and ask to speak with the Prevention Team.
STEP 2: SELECT A PROVIDER
- Choose “NO PREFERENCE” for more date/time option and to see the earliest appointment available.
- You must choose this in order to move to Step 3.
STEP 3: CHOOSE TIME & DATE
STEP 4: BOOK IT!
- You will be asked to provide a valid email address, where your confirmation will be sent.
Locations and Hours
Free and confidential HIV and STI screenings are available at the following Primary Health Care clinic
1200 University Ave, #120
Des Moines, IA 50314
PH: (515) 248-1595
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
3510 W. Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50014
PH: (515) 232-0628
Every 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 1pm – 4pm
*Appointments for this location can not be scheduled online. Please call (515) 232-0628 to schedule an appointment.
ALL ABOUT PrEP
Last month, the Prevention and Clinical teams at the Project launched “Rapid Start PrEP,” an easy way to start your journey to preventing HIV. PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) is a medication treatment that when taken as directed can prevent HIV by about 99%. It is the single most effective intervention for preventing HIV for people who are HIV-negative.
Three common STDs—chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis—are surging across the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)