STEP 1: SELECT A SERVICE [ you may add another service in STEP 3]
- Individual HIV Test & STI Screening
- Partners/Couples HIV/STI Screening
- Prevention PrEP Consultation (HIV & STI screening, PrEP information and guidance for those interested in starting PrEP)
- Prevention PrEP Follow-Up (Routine HIV & STI screening for those already on PrEP)
- This visit is with the prevention team for TESTING ONLY, not your PrEP Prescriber – to schedule your kidney/liver function labs with your PrEP prescriber please call 515-248-1595. Questions? Call 515-248-1595 and ask to speak with the Prevention Team.
STEP 2: SELECT A PROVIDER
- Choose “NO PREFERENCE” for more date/time option and to see the earliest appointment available.
- You must choose this in order to move to Step 3.
STEP 3: CHOOSE TIME & DATE
STEP 4: BOOK IT!
- You will be asked to provide a valid email address, where your confirmation will be sent.
Locations and Hours
Free and confidential HIV and STI screenings are available at the following Primary Health Care clinic
1200 University Ave, #120
Des Moines, IA 50314
PH: (515) 248-1595
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
3510 W. Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50014
PH: (515) 232-0628
Every 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 1pm – 4pm
*Appointments for this location can not be scheduled online. Please call (515) 232-0628 to schedule an appointment.
Have you been thinking about getting tested for HIV and/or other STI’s but don’t know what to expect? Maybe it’s been awhile and you’re getting cold feet. That’s ok. Here at the Project we are here to help you feel comfortable and relaxed. Here are just a few insights into how our testing appointments work.
ALL ABOUT PrEP
Thinking about PrEP? Want to know how to get on PrEP? Here are some basic information you’ll need.
Three common STDs—chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis—are surging across the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)